New Delhi, Sept. 27 : External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Sunday confirmed that the number of Indian lives lost in the Haj stampede has now reached 35.
She said that the Indian embassy there is extending all the possible help to the families who have suffered due to the tragedy.
“Unfortunately, there are six more Indians taking the toll to 35. Saudi authorities have released photos of 1090 pilgrims who have died in Haj stampede,” she said in her tweets.
“Our embassy officials are providing all help to the families,” she said in another tweet.
At least 717 people have been reported dead and 863 injured so far in the stampede that took place in Mina on Thursday. (ANI)