India, Germany signed 18 MoUs and agreements in various sectors
India and Germany have signed around 18 agreements and memorandum of understanding (MoUs) in various sectors. These agreements were signed at the end of third edition of Indo-German Inter-governmental Consultations (ICG) in New Delhi. The Indo-German ICG was co-chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his visiting counterpart German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Some important agreements signed are
- Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) on Languages to promote German as a foreign language in India and promote modern Indian Languages in Germany.
- MoU on Solar Energy to promote Indo-German Development Cooperation for Indo-German Solar Energy Partnership.
- Joint MoU on Skill Development to cooperate in the Field of Skill Development and Vocational Education and Training.
- MoU on Security Cooperation
IS militants, blows up Palmyra’s iconic Arc of Triumph
World Bank reveals that extreme poverty to fall below 10% for first time
- For the first time less than 10% of the world’s population will be living in extreme poverty by the end of 2015.
- About 9.6% of the world population will live below the poverty line in 2015 and will be mostly from Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
Three scientists Youyou Tu (China), Satoshi Omura (Japan) and William Campbell (Ireland) have won 2015 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine.
Union Government launches 2nd phase of Mission Indradhanush
- Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare have launched the second phase of Mission Indradhanush to achieve full immunization of children below two years.
- It is aims to immunize all children against seven vaccine preventable diseases namely diphtheria, whooping cough (Pertussis), tetanus, polio, tuberculosis, measles and hepatitis B.