Germany National Day
3rd October is celebrated as Germany’s National Day marking the reunification of the Germany.
- Initially after World War II, Germany was divided into three zones viz., British Zone, American Zone and Soviet Zone but later fourth zone was also created to assign it to France.
- This Inner German borders continued till 1990.
- In 1990 Germany got reunified exactly one year after the fall of Berlin Wall which took place in 1989.
- Since 1990, 3rd October is celebrated as Germany National Day to mark the reunification of Germany.
Gujarat Government launched Special Khadi Utsav in Ahmedabad
On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s 146th Birth Anniversary Gujarat Government has launched a Special Khadi Utsav in Ahmedabad to promote khadi. This utsav is to create an aggressive marketing drive in order to promote Khadi in the young generation.
German Chancellor, Angela Merkel to visit India to discuss many bilateral issues.
Russia started airstrikes in Syria against IS
- Russia did not involve in any military operation in foreign soil since 1980’s Military operation in Afghanistan.
- Although, Russia claimed that the strike is against IS but US claimed that it is to support Basharul Asad and strike is against Syrian Rebels which are trained by US.
- Syria has become war field with Russia, Syria, Iran and Iraq on one side and US, Syrian Rebels, EU, Turkey and Saudi Arabia on other side.
Telangana Government to reconsider its decision of Joint Legislature
Telangana Government wants to arrange a Joint Legislature Session but as there is no provision in the constitution it decided to reconsider its decision.
- As per the constitution State Legislature consists of Assembly and Council but council is optional.
- In Parliament, if any normal bill is passed by one house and is rejected by another house then there is a provision of Joint Parliament but in case of State Legislature there is no such provision.
- In case of State Legislature, although, Legislative Council can delay the passage of bill but cannot reject the bill thus there is no provision for Joint Legislature.